close
close

Model sues Diddy, accusing him of drugging and sexually assaulting her – NBC Los Angeles

A woman who says she feels “a moral obligation to speak out” after a series of abuse allegations against Sean “Diddy” Combs has filed a lawsuit against the hip-hop mogul, accusing him of drugging and sexually assaulting her more than 20 years ago. .

Crystal McKinney alleged in the lawsuit filed Tuesday in Manhattan federal court that she was attacked at the rapper’s New York City studio in 2003.

McKinney’s allegations come in the wake of a series of lawsuits from others who have accused the star of physical and sexual abuse, gang rape and “serious illegal activity.” Her lawsuit was filed days after video was made public of Diddy punching her ex-girlfriend Cassie in a 2016 attack that she detailed in a since-settled lawsuit.

Representatives for Combs, 54, did not immediately respond to requests for comment Tuesday.

Combs posted an apology on social media over the weekend, calling his behavior in the video “inexcusable” and saying he was going through a difficult time in his life when the attack occurred. He said that he had sought therapy and entered rehab shortly after, and that he was working to “be a better man.”



Diddy is breaking his silence following the release of a viral video that appears to show him punching his ex-girlfriend Cassie Ventura in a hotel. CNN was the first to obtain the footage and reported that it was taken in 2016. On May 19, Sean “Diddy” Combs took to Instagram to address the video. “It is very difficult to reflect on the darkest moments of your life, but sometimes you have to do it.

He previously denied all allegations of abuse and wrongdoing and vowed to clear his name.

McKinney, who was a 22-year-old model at the time of the alleged assault, met Combs at a Men’s Fashion Week event at Cipriani Downtown in Manhattan, and Combs said she was “going to make it big one day” as a model. and she promised that he would help her career, she said in the lawsuit.

Combs invited her to his studio, where one of his associates offered her a marijuana joint and told her, “you’ve never used marijuana like this before,” the lawsuit states.

“Plaintiff later realized that Combs had laced the joint with a narcotic or other intoxicating substance,” the lawsuit alleges.

Combs allegedly pressured McKinney to smoke more and drink alcohol, even though she was severely intoxicated, according to the lawsuit.

“Seeing that plaintiff was very intoxicated, Combs demanded that plaintiff follow him and physically led him to the bathroom,” the lawsuit says. Combs then forced her to perform a sexual act, she alleges in the lawsuit.

McKinney’s attorneys declined to comment Tuesday.

McKinney in her lawsuit said she was dazed after the alleged sexual assault in the bathroom and passed out in Diddy’s studio. She woke up in a taxi and realized that she had been sexually assaulted, she alleges in the lawsuit, which she also claims she put the clothes she was wearing that night in a plastic bag.

McKinney said in the lawsuit that after the alleged sexual assault, her modeling opportunities dried up and she believes Combs “erased” her.

McKinney “became severely depressed when she began to blame herself for the assault and for sabotaging her own career,” the suit says. She even feared retaliation from Combs, according to the lawsuit.

The lawsuit does not specify a dollar amount, but seeks damages for pain and suffering and punitive damages.

The lawsuit names Combs, as well as Bad Boy Records and Bad Boy Entertainment, Sean John Clothing and Universal Music Group.

Universal Music Group did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

McKinney’s is the seventh lawsuit filed in recent months against Combs, known for his musical career and founding Bad Boy Records, as well as television shows such as “Making the Band” and film appearances.

His ex-girlfriend Cassie Ventura sued Combs in November, alleging rape and abuse, including punching, stomping and kicking during their relationship. An agreement was reached the next day.

The other trials are pending.

Combs is the subject of a federal criminal investigation and agents searched his properties this spring.

A source familiar with the investigation told NBC News in March that Three women and one man had been interviewed by federal officials in Manhattan in connection with allegations of sex trafficking, sexual assault, and solicitation and distribution of narcotics and illegal firearms.

Federal agents searched the rapper’s homes in Los Angeles and Miami. Three sources familiar with the matter told NBC News that firearms were found at his residence, but did not provide additional details.

Aaron Dyer, one of Combs’ attorneys, issued a statement after the searches, saying Combs “was never taken into custody, but spoke and cooperated with authorities.” He described the searches as an ambush and said he has rushed to judgments based on “baseless accusations made in civil lawsuits.”

“No criminal or civil liability has been found with any of these allegations,” Dyer said. “Mr. Combs is innocent and he will continue to fight every day to clear his name.”

This story first appeared on NBCNews.com. More from NBC News: